Why DBA ODL With DRB-HICOM University of Automotive Malaysia
Online DBA programs offer the flexibility to study from anywhere at any time. In this regard, our classes are not conducted in weekends but in night classes online during weekdays. This is especially advantageous for working professionals or individuals with personal commitments who need to balance their studies with other responsibilities. It also offers self-paced learning options, allowing students to progress through the coursework at their own speed. This flexibility accommodates different learning styles and allows individuals to focus more on challenging subjects.
For full time mode, 2 courses will be conducted in a semester and for part time mode only 1 course will be conducted. Classes run for 12 weeks with 2 weeks for leaners to complete the final assessment. All study materials are available to all leaners in DRB-HICOM University’s Learning Management Systems (LMS). This LMS, Moodle is user-friendly and conducive for learning.
We place a significant emphasis on work-based projects, aiming to provide a practical learning experience that enhances problem-solving skills. This approach ensures that learners can apply their knowledge directly to real-world situations.
Our renowned subsidiaries from our parent company DRB-HICOM Group continuously channel us with experienced and much-revered industry experts into the classroom as guest speakers, providing learners with valuable insights from a practical industry perspective. These immersion sessions help learners connect academic concepts with the realities of the industry.
Graduates will acquire an in-depth knowledge of business and management with leadership skills and competency to deal with the constantly changing business environment. The programme is designed to provide learners with a multidisciplinary business knowledge, insights, and skills to help them succeed in their career.
Classes will be on Weekdays
FULL TIME MODE: 3-5 YEARS (2 Courses Per Semester – Monday & Wednesday evening)
PART TIME MODE: 4-6 YEARS (1 Course Per Semester – Monday evening)
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) program is designed specifically for learners seeking to enhance their business management skills and achieve positive outcomes for their organisations. It serves as a platform for learners to acquire fresh knowledge and skills that will enable them to navigate the rapidly evolving economy. Given the growing demand in the business sector, our courses are designed to equip learners with competitive intelligence and effective business strategies. Furthermore, our program is tailor-made for those who wish to cultivate their leadership skills, business and management skills, ensuring they are well-prepared to meet the demands and thrive in today’s competitive business environment.
- A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 as accepted by the HEP Senate;
- Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment****;
- A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in non-related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 as accepted by the HEP Senate and with relevant working experience*****, subject to a rigorous internal assessment****;
- A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in non-related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 as accepted by the HEP Senate and without relevant working experience, subject to passing pre-requisite courses******;
- Other equivalent/related qualifications to a Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- **** Rigorous assessment to evaluate the suitability of an applicant for a programmethrough statement of purpose, interview and other methods may cover the following criteria: i. Demonstration of strong business experience, and that you have held significant managerial responsibilities. ii. Evidence of any achievements in your professional life, for example, consistently performing at a high level, consistent career progression and any impact that you have had on your organisation. iii. Professional skills that you have developed, for example, team work, leadership, problem-solving, negotiating and analytical skills. iv. How you will contribute to your class and what experiences you can bring to the institution. (Lancaster University, 2021)
- ***** Experience can be cumulative experience even before acquiring required qualification for a particular level of study. However, the experience must be relevant to the level of study as well as the content.
- ****** The pre-requisite courses must equip the students with necessary business knowledge (managing people, managing financial resources, understanding customers, understanding environments and strategic planning) of one level lower than the programme level.
Programme at MQF Level 8
(Doctorate by Coursework, Mixed Mode and Fully Research-based)
- At least 35 years of age in the year of application.
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent quantifications (or those with higher qualifications: eg. Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma)
- Possess at least 5 years of relevant work experience after completion of the Bachelor’s degree programme.
- Pass the APEL.A assessment for doctorate level.
- Strategic Supply Chain
- Strategic Corporate Management & Leadership
- Marketing & Corporate Branding
- Digital Business & Entrepreneurship
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics & Innovation
- Research Methodology
- Doctoral Research Part 1
- Doctoral Research Part 2